Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kay's retirement!



One of the ladies I taught 5th grade with for the 8 years I was there, retired this year. There was retirement party for Kay last weekend. It was in the gym of the school I taught in and where I attended school myself. Kay is like my second mother. She helped me so much in teaching and in my personal life. I will cherish the time we worked together and hope she gets to do many fun and exciting things now that she has more time. Kay is the one in the middle of the picture above. Amy is another teacher I taught with before I left. She also left the school and moved to Atlanta and is now teaching there. She is a wonderful teacher and friend. I miss them so much and look forward to seeing them more this summer. It was great seeing many of my former co-workers. Some of them won't have a job next year with all the cut backs and class size increase. It is so sad that many great teachers are out of jobs!

Jake went to the party with me while Daddy and Ben stayed home. Everyone loved seeing Jake and he was quite entertaining. When I told Jake we were going to a party for Ms. Kay, he kept asking me if they were going to have goodie bags there. Happy retirement Kay!!



Here is the principal and Kay saying a few words


Kay and her husband Ray. He has been retired for a few years now.


No comments: