Monday, June 2, 2008

Pandas, Tigers, and Giraffes. Oh My!

Yesterday, we went to the Atlanta Zoo. We had so much fun. I haven't been there since I was in Elementary School and I think I had more fun than Jake. Above is a picture of the famous gorilla named Willie B. He was pretty much the main attraction at the zoo for many years. This was a statue they created as a memorial to him since he passed away a few years ago. I remember being little and being so excited to see him at the zoo. Jake had a great time too, but seemed a little out of sorts at first. I think he didn't know what to think at first, but after he got his energy back at lunch, he was ready to go back and see the animals. We had a picnic at Grant Park and enjoyed eating chicken, baked beans, mashed potatoes, and watermelon. It was really hot out, but the watermelon helped to cool us off. I can't wait to go back again!




Lee, Jake and I riding the train

Jake and I sitting on the Komodo Dragon

Lee eating watermelon


We had to cool Ben down during our picnic


Lee and I had a great time too!





This isn't a very good picture, but it is the Panda Bear.

Playing in the petting zoo


Kangaroos laying in the shade


The monkeys hanging out

No comments: