Friday, July 11, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that!

I gave Jake a donut with some chocolate icing on it the other morning and this is what his face looked like afterwards. It also had sprinkles or as Jake says "frenkles" I kept thinking he was saying freckles.
This picture isn't the most flattering since he has left over carrots in his nose and drool all over himself, but I love this onesie. If you can't read it, it says Famous, have your mommy call my mommy and it says sunglasses on it. I love it!


My mom will probably kill me for putting this picture on here, but I just had to. Her cataract surgery went really well. Her eye is still hurting a little, but when I took her for her follow up yesterday morning, the doctor said after examining her that she has 20/20 vision in that eye now. She has had very poor eyesight all her life and it has gradually become worse. She wanted me to take a picture of her with the eye patch on. She didn't know I would put it on the blog. Thank you to all for your thoughts and prayers. Another funny story about the follow up appt. When we arrived the office wasn't open yet, but there was a waiting area outside. There were about 4 other people sitting there with the same eye patch on as my mom. I looked at my mom and started to giggle. It shouldn't be funny (people sitting there after having surgery), but I couldn't help but giggle because you could tell you were in the right place. My mom told me to stop because I was going to make her laugh. Then a lady walking around looking lost asked everyone if they knew where Suite 100 was and that she assumed we knew since everyone had eye patches on. This caused me to giggle again. Sorry mom.

1 comment:

beth and eric said...

i love your pics and reading your blog susan! i didnt even know your mom had surgery....i hope shes doing well. Miss you guys...love, beth