Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th Fun!

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th of July. We went down to Dunwoody to catch the end of their parade and attend the festival. We caught a little bit of the end of the parade and then walked around to see what the festival had, but there was really just food. They did have a military band playing that sounded nice. It was extremely hot so my mom, Ben and I went into the Walgreens there and I bought some water and fed Ben. I think the heat got to Jake or just the excitement because he was pretty quiet the whole time.

We then left and went to eat lunch at the Varsity in Alpharetta. My dad got a Varsity hat for Ben to wear. He also ate some french fries and really enjoyed them. We were going to drive up to the mountains where it is a little cooler, but decided not to do that and just went back to our house for naps. Later in the evening we went to my parents' house to have dinner and some cheesecake. We then went outside when it got dark and shot fireworks. It was so much fun! Jake didn't like the ones that made sounds, but liked looking at the different colors. We could also see some bigger ones from my parents' front porch. It was a hot, fun, exciting day. I even took some video of the fireworks down below.


This french fry sure is tasty


You like my hat? If you notice some red and green coloring on Ben's outfit, he had some of our snowcones at the festival earlier. He loved it!


WOW! Look at those awesome fireworks!

Watching the end of the parade

Ben with his flag. Ben is wearing Jake's first fourth of July onesie.

Earlier in the evening, Jake and Ben got to play a little in the pool. It was Ben's first time and he loved it. Jake would only squat at first and then sat down later.

I don't know if Ben liked the pool better or chewing on the toys in the pool.

Swinging on my parents' front porch.

Lee relaxing

Looking patriotic with Papa

Mimi bought these flags that light up for Jake and Ben, but you can't really see the light up part in this picture. We were shooting fireworks, so that explains the not so happy look on Jake's face.
What a long day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love Ben in that Varsity hat! Your pictures turned out great! Go to my blog and check out my meme. I "tagged" you!

beth and eric said...

Looks like you guys had a fun 4th!! I miss you all...and hope you're doing great! Love, Beth