Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year was definitely a different Thanksgiving. For as long as I can remember celebrating Thanksgiving, we always went to my Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house for dinner along with my extended family. I am the only child, so this was always a special time for me to see my 19 cousins. My cousin Candice and I would call each other to see what time we were going to Maw Maw's, so we would be sure to see each other. As we grew older, we would call each other to see what we were taking to eat. We lost my grandfather last December and then my grandmother this past June. I really miss celebrating this day at their house, but we all have grown up and now have our own little families too. My other grandmother was sick this year, so we missed seeing them. We went to my parents house to eat dinner and celebrate. I am so thankful I did have all four grandparents in my life for as long as I did and I still have two. Here are a few photos from our wonderful day! Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!




The table

Mimi and Ben
The sweater Ben is wearing was made by Nana.
It is so cute! There is an alligator on it.




Playing in Mimi and Papa's yard



My Mom and Dad




Jake and Mimi





Okay people, please tell me to put on some lipstick and maybe a little blush next time!



Ben and Jake riding in their Jeep. Ben is talking on the CB radio




Jake loves to drive!




No comments: